> Have a look in your server.xml. Try replacing all instances of
> "org.apache.ajp.tomcat5.config.ApacheConfig" with
> "org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
I did it, but the result is same, tomcat5 stoped soon.

by the way, I also got message as below both in two cases (original and
your suggestion):
Starting tomcat5: lock file found but no process running for pid 14744,
continuing
find: warning: you have specified the -mindepth option after a non-option
argument -type, but options are not positional (-mindepth affects tests
specified before it as well as those specified after it).  Please specify
options before other arguments.

find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a non-option
argument -type, but options are not positional (-maxdepth affects tests
specified before it as well as those specified after it).  Please specify
options before other arguments.

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat5
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat5
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat5/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/lib/jvm/java