If you are using tomcat 5.5 - do not refer to the tomcat 3 docs ;)

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/

-Tim

mukesh wrote:

Hi,
I have tried all the option given in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html#s2. FAQ But I
could not build the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.14-linux-sles9-x86_64-prefork.so
(renamed as mod_jk.so).

if I run "make" command then following message appears
make: Nothing to be done for `mod_jk.so'.

My installation paths are

Tomcat: /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.12
Apache: /usr/local/apache    (version is 2.0)
JDK: /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_02

Everything is working fine but no success with mod_jk. I must tell that this
is my first experience with apache and tomcat ( mod_jk too).

Please guide me if someone has already done mod_jk installation on Linux. I
am running Redhat 7.0

Please advice.

Regards,
Mukesh Kumar