Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: David Chen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: What's the difference between .zip and .exe from download site?

So, then what is that .zip download for? In which scenarios we should use .zip instead of .exe to install TomCat on Windows system?

First off, it's Tomcat, not TomCat.

The last time I checked (5.5.12), the .exe download did not include the
.bat scripts that make Tomcat debugging somewhat easier than when
running it as a service.  The .zip does include such scripts, including
one to install it as a service, so you don't lose anything with the
.zip, whereas you do with the .exe version.

- Chuck

I only knew that those batches/scripts are mostly for startup and shutdown tomcat. Which files could help debugging easier? Personally, I'm not convinced that the zip version is easier.