Hey,

  I think though I'm not 100%....

  When you declare the datasource in web.xml (or is Server.xml?) it  creates a
pool factory for you under the covers (I think using Jakarta  DBCP). When you
use JNDI look-up it asks the factory for a pool. You  are then magically using
a pool. You specify the pool details in the  declaration in web.xml.

  Gluck.

Karthik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

   I have sucessfully created a JDBC connection using DataSource and JNDI on
Tomcat5.x

   Is it necessary for create a Connection POOL using this DataSource based
Jdbc Connnection
   or will the DataSource itself provides the Connection POOL for managing
the JDBC connections
   on startup ,if so what needs to be done to increase the size of the
connection pool size.

with regards
Karthik