To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 5:03 AM
Subject: Re: encoding error

Is it a good idea to specify this parameter in Tomcat startup? Where did you read that you have to do so? Or who told you to do so?

   Regards,

   Seak

Mª Carmen Gómez Romero wrote:

Hi,

I have a server with Apache 2.0 + Tomcat 5.0

I have a problem because sometimes seem the charset change. If I restart =

the tomcat, the charset is correct other time.

I have -Dfile.encoding=3DISO-8859-1 in Tomcat startup.

what is it happening?

Thank you.