Either one or two are excellent choices with 1 being the best IMHO.  It
could be as simple as some other servlet places a flag in the session
that essentially says this user is good for downloading this file for
this session.  The servlet filter sees that and offers the file, or
failing to see the the flag, redirects the user to a friendly error page.

-David

--
David Smith