> From: Svante Kumlien [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Specifying an appBase on a shared disc
>
> Bought a network disc yesteraday (LaCie 500Gb), connected
> it to my network and thought I could put my tiny jsp-based
> site there. I mapped the disc to w:\ and started to fiddle
> with my server.xml.
>
> I get a nasty "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document
> base w:\webapps does not exist or is not a readable directory"

Are you running Tomcat as a service?  If so, it won't be able to access
network drives, since those are associated specifically with your
Windows account.  Don't know if there's a way to do a permanent mount
for all users, including whatever account Tomcat is running under.  You
might be able to do it with a UNC name rather than a drive letter, but I
haven't tried it.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.