I'm using Tomcat 5.5.12 on a Linux box. My web application uses a third-party library which opens up a port to listen for incoming connections. What I am confused about is that even after I shut down the web application (via the Stop link on the manager application) the library appears to still be active and the port is held open. Executing 'lsof -i' shows a whole bunch of threads still listening on the port. I am trying to restart my application after it gets into a bad state, but it doesn't appear to be completely terminating. Thanks in advance for any insight.