I downloaded Tomcat 3.3.2 and extracted the servlet.jar, which should be 2.2-complient, but it doesn't appear to contain MultipartRequest. So, I'm at a lost here. The problem servlet was indeed compiled over a year ago and has been running since.

Franklin Phan wrote:
I have an old servlet that I need to recompile but cannot because it references MultipartRequest class. The servlet imports the following packages:

import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.util.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.xml.parsers.*;
import org.xml.sax.*;
import org.w3c.dom.*;

I nothing about a MultipartRequest class in anyone of the above. I can venture a guess that it was a class in the javax.servlet package back in the Servlet 2.2 days, but there are no Javadocs for Servlet 2.2 implementation on the Jakarta site for me to confirm my guess.

I don't see links on Jakarta that points to any servlet version implementations. If only I can download a JAR file, I'd be able to recompile.

Can someone give me a hint here?

Thanks.