Hi All,

  I need to make a very simple get request from a remote web server each time a
user first comes into the site.

  I wanted to just use the core HttpURLConnection class. It will be  thread
safe because the object will be used and created in method  scope. In the Sun
javadoc it says that underneath the covers, the  Connection can be shared. So
the question is, is this an expensive  operation or am I ok to just create a
new HttpURLConnection each time a  user first enters the site? I noticed that
Apache Commons have a  version of an HttpClient, in which they explicitly
mention pooling  connections in a multi-threaded environment. Can I just use
the  standard HttpURLConnection or will I quickly run out of
resources/connections? Should I be using something along the lines of  the
Commons Client

  Thanks alot