From: Jason Abreu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 11:57 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: using directory outside of webapp

    Tomcat version:  5.5.9
  Tomcat directory:  /etc/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/

  I have a JSP page that displays search results and, based on a unique
identifier for each result, displays a picture of each result.  The
pictures are located outside of the tomcat directory structure, in a
separate picture directory called /data/photos.  For some reason, I
cannot figure out how to access these pictures from my JSP page in my
web application, nor find any resource listed on the web on how to do
this.  I would greatly appreciate help with this situation.

  Thanks.