On 12/18/05, Peter Rossbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> Hey,
>
> a)   Servlet Spec say: You must have sticky session when you use
> distributable web apps. Session Replication is only used when primary node
> crashed!!

I looked into the servlet spec (V 2.4). I did not find anything like "sticky
session" or "session replication". I do see the sentence in the spec:
"Within an application marked as distributable, all requests that are part
of a session must be handled by one Java Virtual Machine1 ("JVM") at a
time.", is this what you meant by using "Sticky Session"...if yes, it make
sense to me.

b)   When you app don't send a new request before the first is complete:
> use pooled mode with waitForAck=true!
>        It can work, but....

can you please elaborate more on this ...I did not follow what you tried to
communicate?

c)   Rhe reported exception has nothing do with clustering, Seems that
> your app send response, before open session. Violate Spec!

I think you are right, it is not a cluster exception But I don't see the
exception for every request, it appears randomly not sure what is causing
it, also I dont know how my JSP based app is violating the spec. All my JSPs
are doing is to use "<jsp:include..../>" with two level nesting. E.g.

level_1.jsp:
    <%@ include file="javaImport.jsp"%>
      <jsp:include page="level_2.jsp"/>

level_2.jsp:
    <%@ include file="javaImport.jsp"%>
      <jsp:include page="level_3.jsp"/>

level_3.jsp:
    <%@ include file="javaImport.jsp"%>

javaImport.jsp:

<%@ page import="
        , java.lang.*
        , java.sql.*
        , java.util.*
        , java.io.*
        , java.text.*
        , javax.mail.*
        , javax.mail.internet.*
        , org.apache.commons.fileupload.* " %>

<%
        response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.1
        response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.0
        response.setDateHeader ("Expires", -1); //prevents caching at the
proxy server
%>

<%! JspWriter out = null; %>