William Claxton wrote:
Running Java JDK 1.4. After upgrading to Tomcat 5.5 I get this error. I have also installed the compatability upgrade for the Java Runtime.

"The Apache Portable Runtime which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path."

Any suggestion on how to resolve this?

add the following to CATALINA_OPTS:

-Djava.library.path=/path/to/lib

The path you should use is the directory that actually contains libtcnative-1.so

This is only documented in the BUILDING file in jni/native in the tomcat-native directory tree.

HTH

AC