Hello Mario,

Mario Ernst wrote:

> I need to stop all logging actions to start tomcat from a non writable
> medium (CD). What's the easiest way to do this?

I think this is a bad idea: Why don't you simply use just a ConsoleHandler /
ConsoleAppender with level warning?
I understand that writing a log file is not possible - but turning off
logging will be a burden if something is going wrong.

As attachment you can find two files. Rename the one of your choice to
logging.properties and put them into
${CATALINA.BASE}/conf
You have to overwrite the existing file.
I have assumed that you are using Tomcat 5.5 (attachments are based on
5.5.12) and have not modified something to use log4j.
I also assume that you do not have webapps with a specific log API and
a specific configuration, which cannot be controlled centrally

Regards
Boris

Extensions for Java Util Logging
http://www.x4juli.org