Aaaaaaah, what a let down! :(
I just patched 1.2.15 with the patch at:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=113397833612749&w=2

Then I tested it (on Simpy.com).... and found that the patch does _not_ fix the
problem I was describing:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200512.mbox/ajax/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

So, back to square one.  Perhaps what I described is a different mod_jk issue?

You can easily see it if you just go to http://www.simpy.com/login and use
demo/demo account.  Then just click on the logo (top left), and notice how you
get logged out, due to lost session information (normally identified via
cookies).  Use Opera and this will happen.  Use Firefox/IE/Safari, and things
will work.  The only difference I see between these browsers is that Opera uses
that Cookie2 header.

Any help would be very appreciated, as I have Opera users complaining about
this.

Thanks,
Otis