Marina wrote:
> Mark,
> Thanks for the clarification!
>
> I still have the same problem with extension not found
> though. I checked in the code you pointed me to which
> attributes are required and added them to both shared
> JAR's MANIFEST.MF and to my Web app's MANIFEST.MF. I
> placed all shared jars into the $TOMCAT/shared/lib
> dir.

<snip>

> Am I missing something here?

Yep. The extensions are a JRE/JDK feature rather than a Tomcat
feature.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/extensions/extensions.html has
a good overview (I don't think much changed for 1.4 or 5.0). The
extensions are expected to be found in $JAVA_HOME/lib/ext in a JRE or
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext for an SDK.

Options are:
1. Use $TOMCAT/shared/lib and just remove all of the extension stuff
from the manifests
2. Placed your shared jars in the right directory in your JRE/JDK as
appropriate.

Mark