I want to download a file in my home directory -- /home/kartwall/outfile but, this directory is not in my web-application directory -- /opt/easycluster/interface is my web application's root directory.

So, I make a new directory named "mapoutfile" under /opt/easycluster/interface and construct a soft-link which points to the file I want. The command is:

ln -s /home/kartwall/outfile /opt/easycluster/interface/mapoutfile/outfile

But I found that I cannot download this soft-link file when I input the URL: http://192.168.0.2:8080/easycluster/mapoutfile/outfile, Tomcat said "this resource is unavailable". (My web-context is /easycluster)

Can anybody help me? Thanks for any suggestions.