tack a random number on the url.

String myURL = "../frame.html";
myURL += "?" + Math.rand();

response.sendRedirect(myURL)

The headers wouldn't help cachebust a static html file, you'll have to do it
this way.

HTH
pete

RITWICK wrote:

Hi, I have redirected a page through response.sendRedirect("../frame.html") command.
    Every time the servlet is called it updates the file.html & is redirected
to it.But the problem is the browser shows the file.html from its cache everytime.
Though the file gets updated the output can be viwed correctly only when it is
refreshed.I've tried to clear the cache with :
response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
 response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
response.setDateHeader("Expires", 0); but without avail. I'm using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27. Apparently it doesnt seem that it is a tomcat problem, but at the same time, for a trial run it was tested on jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27 & the results were fine! Now is there any rectification measures u can suggest so that it can be viewed under jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27
                                                             ritw
Note: I'm using mozilla firefox with jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27. Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.yahoo.com