A while back when I first got my configuration started I was advised to use
Tomcat (through mod_jk2) for the servlet and Apache for serving static files
- it would be faster.  Is this still the case?  Would it be faster to just
get rid of Apache and mod_jk2, and have Tomcat serve everything?  What does
everyone think?

Best,
Daniel