I want to move my webserver over to a Windows' service (it works great with linux, but.... the client is always insistent). The problem is that I use Berkeley DB XML which is used via JNI. When I start tomcat using startTomcat.bat I need to add a line

   set JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.library.path=path

and then all works well. The question is how to do this when using Tomcat installed with the Windows installer? I can add a line for -Djava.library.path=xxxx;yyyy;zzzz; and it searches the path, but fails to initialize properly (log below). Since I can get the same installation to work by adding the .bat files it must be something is different in the way libraries are searched. It may have something to do with the System.loadLibrary() call I don't make, but I'm not sure how to proceed with it and I feel that I shouldn't have to make changes to my war files just to make my project compatible with Windows.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Toren

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\Sleepycat Software\Berkeley DB XML 2.2.13\bin\libdb_java43.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at com.sleepycat.db.internal.db_javaJNI.<clinit>(db_javaJNI.java:34)
    at com.sleepycat.db.internal.DbEnv.<init>(DbEnv.java:200)
at com.sleepycat.db.EnvironmentConfig.createEnvironment(EnvironmentConfig.java:738) at com.sleepycat.db.EnvironmentConfig.openEnvironment(EnvironmentConfig.java:691)
    at com.sleepycat.db.Environment.<init>(Environment.java:30)