On 12/26/05, Legolas Woodland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it possible to make a data-source without admin console ?
> I mean by defining the data-source in web.xml or in Context.xml (i think
> i read somewhere that we could put context.xml into meta-inf folder and
> it will act like Context definition in admin console).

Yes, you can define your datasource in the application's
META-INF/context.xml file. There are examples on the web, but I can provide
an example if you contact me directly. I'd post a link but I'm writing this
in a hurry.

is it mandatory that Tomcat shared library folder contain my database
> jdbc driver to have data-source ?
> I mean can we bundle , our JDBC driver inside war file and define the
> data-source in war file too ?

I've not tried that but have assumed it's possible.

--

Bruce Tong