"feghoul mohamed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> hello everybody
>
> i am seeing the following in my catalina.out log file.
>
> 12 34 00 1d 00 1b 49 44 3d 52 50 36 31 39 31 32  |
> .4....ID=RP61912
> 26 63 6f 72 70 73 3d 73 61 69 73 69 65 2e 6a 73  |
> &corps=saisie.js
> 70
>
> My environment is Solaris, Apache2.0.50, Tomcat
> 4.1.30, mod_jk .
>
> i want to disable the hex dump to the file...some
> security informations ( password for example) are
> displayed !!

Can't be done on 4.1.30.  Well, you could grab the tomcat-ajp.jar from a
recent 5.5 release and replace the corresponding jar in 4.1.30 (probably
called tomcat-jk or something).  You might need to replace tomcat-coyote.jar
as well (I don't remember).  Then you shouldn't see the messages unless
you've enabled DEBUG logging level.  All Tomcat versions use the same
Connector code, so this kind of partial-upgrade should work.  However,
pretty much nobody wants to run a hybrid Tomcat version ;-).

> Does anyone have any ideas on why this following
> comes in the logs?

There should be a logging message just before the dump that explains why
Tomcat isn't happy.  Depending on how you've setup logging, it possible that
it's in another log file.

What it is, is that Tomcat is dumping the Request data it received when it
encounters what it thinks is a serious error (so that the Tomcat developers
can see what went wrong from the bug report :).  In TC 5.5 (and possible in
TC 5.0) it requires DEBUG log level to see it.  This will also be true in TC
4.1.32 and TC 3.3.3 if they ever see the light of day ;-).