Hi Abh,

Out of curiosity i took a look a at tomcat generated jsp class.
(tomcat: 5.5.7)

import directive found in .java file generated from .jsp:

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import javax.servlet.jsp.*;

No import directive were present in original .jsp and, as you see, there is no
java.io.* class imported by tomcat.
All IOException which may occur during processing are managed with their full
package:

  public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response)
        throws java.io.IOException, ServletException {

Could you send us a demo .jsp that used to work with tomcat but not websphere,
and specify tomcat version used.

Le Vendredi 6 Janvier 2006 10:51, Abh N a écrit :
>       Hi,
>
>   We are migrating our applications from Tomcat to Websphere server.
>   We are getting some issues (in Websphere )with code which used to work fine
> in Tomcat.
>   Server is not recognizing IOException in jsp code. I am now putting import
> java.io.*  to resolve this.
>   Am not able to understand how it used to work in Tomcat env without error.
>   Can anybody give some pointers regarding this.
>
>   Thanks

David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Pingouins dans les champs, hiver méchant