How about editing your log4j.properties file and adding the following?:

log4j.logger.org.apache=INFO

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all!

Because of a mistake in writing in my log4j configuration logging has been
set to debug mode.
When deploying the webapp Tomcat began to log thousands of debug messages,
and so
became unusable because of the heavy load. I had to stop Tomcat and delete
the webapp
from the webapp-directory manually. This is not very useful if there are
running several,
frequently used webapps... So is there away to avoid such situations? How
can I Tomcat
prevent to produce such heavy (and not very useful) load? Is there a way?

Thanks

Peter