Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:55 AM
Subject: RE: tomcat deploy configuration

From: William Mok [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: tomcat deploy configuration

However, if I move the servlet class files to a
separate directory called myservlet, for example
<tomcat_root>\webapps\myservlet, the servlet
fails to deploy. (servlet not found error)

What is the minimum configuration changes that I need to do
in order to make it work?

Here is what I have, I got tomcat listening to port 10000.
http://localhost:10000/dbtrax/servlet/PlexEngineDemo

My PlexEngineDemo servlet class files are sitting under <tomcat_root>\webapps\dbtrax\WEB-INF\classes

Is there an error at deployment time or when you try to reference the
servlet from a client?

Yes. Http status 404
The requested resource (/dbtrax/servlet/PlexEngineDemo) is not available.>

Did you restart Tomcat?

Yes.

Did you remember to do the servlet mapping in your
webapps\myservlet\WEB-INF\web.xml?

I got a web.xml file under <tomcat_root>\webapps\dbtrax\WEB-INF\
Contents as follows:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
   "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>

<servlet>
<servlet-name>PlexEngine</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>PlexEngine</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>PlexEngine</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/servlet/PlexEngine</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.