"Wendy Smoak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On 1/14/06, Venkat & Radha Venkataramanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> I have an Pharma J2EE application developed using the Struts framework
>> running on a weblogic 6.0 server (yes, and it's only 3 years old!).
>>
>> We are upgrading to weblogic 9.0 since 6.0 is no longer supported by BEA.
>> And, I learnt that 9.0 supports only Struts 1.2.x.
>>
>> Does anybody gone through the exercise of migrating from 1.0 and 1.2? Are
>> there pearls of wisdom to be shared? Or, is it just a tedious task of
>> re-compiling all the JSP pages?
>
>You'll probably want to ask on the Struts list instead of Tomcat. :)
>   http://struts.apache.org/mail.html#Subscribing

Wendy's suggestion is probably your best bet.  I know it was a huge commit
to move Tomcat's admin webapp to 1.2.x (but mostly mindless changes :).
AIRC, it was mostly renaming the 'process' method to 'execute', so you'll
hit it soon enough if you re-compile your app against struts-1.2 with
deprecation on.

It's probably going to be an even bigger headache to move the admin webapp
to struts-2, but I wouldn't know now since my Gump early warning system
hasn't built struts-taglib in months ;-).