> From: Chris Pat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: tomcat 5 ssl w/multiple IPs
>
> Sorry for the naivete of this question, but do I
> really need to a dedicated NIC for each of the static
> IPs I want run SSL sites on?  Cant I just use a subnet
> mask or slap the NIC in promiscuous mode for all IPs
> in a range?

Ethernet NICs listen for MAC addresses, not IP addresses.  It's up to
the router mechanism to which you're connected to forward traffic for
all the IP address registered for your MAC address.  Promiscuous mode
normally refers to listening for all MAC addresses on the LAN segment,
not just your own.

Given that, I don't see any reason why you can't listen on 0.0.0.0 and
get all the traffic for whatever IP addresses you configure your TCP/IP
stack for.  (Grain of salt: I've only done it with two, and don't
remember using any SSL traffic.)  I believe you will need a separate
certificate for each domain, however, and consequently a separate pair
of <Connector> tags for each.  If you want independent applications for
each domain, you'll probably also need multiple <Host> entries in your
configuration.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.