Bob Hartung wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I need direction to an information repository that will explain what I
> need to do to get java-1.5.0 and tomcat5 installed and running and then
> allow installation of MIRC software, that requires tomcat5 on jvm-1.5.0
> for the newer version.

> 6.  I was then able to go to http://localhost:8080 and get the tomcat page
Then Tomcat is probably OK. Try a few other things like the examples
to check all is well.

> 7.  I then installed the MIRC software - which seemed to go okay,
>     but refused connections then I tried to go to http://localhost:8080.
Looks like a MIRC problem?

Based on reports from other users on this list, the rpms tend to place
the Tomcat files in a very different structure to the Apache tar.gz
and zip distros. It may well be the case that the MIRC install is
assuming the Apache structure.

I'd do the following:
- double check Tomcat is installed correctly
- try MIRC with a tar.gz distro
- contact MIRC support

Mark