On Friday, 13 �‘January 2006 05:22, Bob Hartung wrote:
> I have installed tomcat5, with java 1.5.0.0.
>
> Now trying to start tomcat5 I get this in the output followed by an
> [OK]
>
>    /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository error "all detected jars were not
> found for this jvm.
>
> I am not sure what to read at this point.

You are using the jpackage RPMs obviously, and that means that not all
dependencies are packaged with the tomcat package - 3rd party libraries
are packaged separately (as they might also be required by other
applications) and the RPM dependency management should alert you to any
missing libraries.

If you installed the RPM successfully w/o errors, and w/o using
--nodeps, then its quite possible that the dependency specifications
are not complete, in which case I suggest you contact the packager of
the tomcat RPM (as listed in rpm -qi tomcat5) and/or jpackage-discuss
and list the entire error output you get when running tomcat.

Its should also be possible for you to read the error output and
determine what 3rd party libraries are missing and install them
directly from JPackage.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9611212 (204)
+972-54-7340014

::..
"Classical Music (klahs i kel myoo zik) n.
1. A complex organization of sounds, akin to noise and cacophony, set
down by the composer to be misinterpreted by the conductor, who is
disregarded by the musicians, the result of which is ignored by the
audience."
        -- Webster's Dictionary

--
Oded

::..
The truth will set you free, but first it will hurt like hell.