From: Mladen Turk [mailto:<snip>]
Sent: 17 January 2006 16:03
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Is the JK Connector the definite one to use as a web connector?

Chris Mooring wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just read various configuration documents for jk2 and jk. It seems
as
> though support for jk2 is no longer available.
> Is jk the recommended connector to use now? It seems odd...like I am using
> previous version.

Right, use jk. In month or so it will be renamed to jk3 so all the
oddity will be lost :)

> Also, I'd still love to hear from anyone about my previous question on
> whether Tomcat's native HTTP server is a better option than using a setup
> such as IIS or Apache and a connector like JK. See my previous e-mail
pasted
> below;

If you don't need a special things from native web server, then using
Tomcat Native will give you much higher performance if you
compare native web server and Tomcat.

Just as an example for ab -n 500000 -c xx localhost:// (1k file)
Tomcat + Native: 14600 req/sec
Apache 2.0.54  : 9200 req/sec

What's interesting is that you can replicate that by yourself :)

Regards,
Mladen.

Connaught honoured AIM 'Decade of Excellence' Award

Connaught awarded Partnering Contractor of the Year 2005

Connaught wins AIM 'Company of the Year' award 2004

West of England Business of the Year Award Winner 2003

Why not visit our website http://www.connaught.plc.uk

Disclaimer:
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message.

Connaught plc, Head Office 01392 444546

The presence of this footer indicates that this message has been scanned for
viruses by Network Associates Group Shield