I guess the HTML tag <HR> caused this error. How about change <HR> to <HR/> or <HR></HR> to make it well-formed.

Hi..
    I am getting the following error while using Apache Tomcat. I am
using JTidy to convert HTML file to XML.

[Fatal Error] :15:184: The element type "HR" must be terminated by the
matching end-tag "</HR>".
>From XMLParser
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "HR" must be
terminated by the matching end-tag "</HR>".

Please could anyone suggest a solution?