I have a critical 'challenge'....

  It is possible to authenicate on Tomcat using LDAP (Active Directory)
  (using MS IE browser), but, 'without' the user inputing their username
  and password - that is, use the cached credentials from user when they
  logged into the system.

  I have seen some applications that do this but no idea how.

  - Is this at all doable ?
  - Do I need a plugin module (or something)?
  - Does IE need to be configured to do this?

  I am using Tomcat 5.5.9 , Java 1.5, IE 6, Windows XP

  Really appreciate a Guru's (or two) opinion/pointer on this one.
  Thanks!