--- HuangHao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks. As a requirement, my application need to
> support both Tomcat 5.0
> and 5.5. But my application requires JDK1.5 for some
> reason.
Should be fine if it's only that you are using methods
and classes from JDK1.5 which were not available in
previous JDK/JRE.

> understand it is OK with JDK1.5+Tomcat5.5, but I
> want to make sure
> JDK1.5+Tomcat 5.0 can work too.  I can start  Tomcat
> 5.0 with  JDK1.5
> but that can't be regarded as a fully support
> certificate.
I really don't understand the question.  Maybe you
could re-form your question better and help me or
someone else better understand what it is you are
asking exactly....clients can't connect because of
some type of an SSL certificate...your web-app is
connecting to some external resource using a
certificate....you are using some key store......could
be any type of a certificate.

> Does apache has official announcement about this
> issue?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hao

Wade