Erik Onnen wrote:
> In doing some additional testing, I can confirm that the problem does
> not present on MAC OSX or Windows2K3, so it seems to be localized to
> Tomcat(5.029|5.5.14|5.5.15)/SunJDK-1.5.05-b5/(SUSE10|SLES9).

I am afraid I don't have access to either of those operating systems.
If I did, I'd suggest sending me your test files and I would debug my
way through the Tomcat source.

If you have Eclipse, this is actually quite easy (you don't need to be
able to build Tomcat for it to work) and I can talk you through
setting it up if you like.

> In some additional testing, I've also got files that are saved in
> different encodings such as iso-8859-1 which aren't serving properly
> either. To reduce the number of variables in the equation, I've moved
> from lots of problematic files to two simple test html files, each with
> a meta tag declaring it's proper charset.

The meta tag has zero impact on Tomcat.

Mark