PermGen Max is 128m

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Do anyone know how to set PermGen space ? [was RE: Latest
stable version of Tomcat]

hi,

As you said, I set on service manger's Java tab like this :

-Dcatalina.opts=-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

I ran a jsp which shows the Memery usage.
Its showing correct values for Xmx, Xms but for PermGen it still showing
the default 64mb.
Do you have any idea ? Is PermGen setting working for you>

Thank you,
Aparna.

"Tim Lucia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
01/18/2006 10:30 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

"'Tomcat Users List'" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Do anyone know how to set PermGen space ? [was RE: Latest stable
version of Tomcat]

Wherever/however you start your JVM.  In line with -Xmx -XMs should work
fine.  I set mine (under Windows) on the service manager, under the Java
tab
and (under Linux) in bin/setenv.sh by adding it to CATALINA_OPTS.