As I said before, ojdb14.jar is your best bet and yes it is for JDK1.4 or
JDK1.5.  I would not have both JAR files in the same directory.  Try
ojdbc14.jar alone and see if it works.

Ritchie

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 20/01/2006 6:06 am >>>
hello,

  i was searching Oracle 8i driver for jdk1.5, but not getting.i had downloaded
classes12.jar from oracle.com and saved in my

   c:\Program Files\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-1.4.31\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\

  Is this path correct or i've to store it in my ORACLE_H0ME\jdbc\lib ?
  may be ojdbc14.jar is for jdk1.4?
  is it possible to download both in the lib folder?

  Thanks & Regards,
  Vidhi

Anto Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 1/20/06, gupta vidhi wrote:
> my problem of Tomcat is been solved.now my simple JSP pages(without DB
> connectivity) is been solved.
> but when i'm executing my JSP page(with DB Connectivity) is creating problems
> and showing the following error :
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: No suitable driver
> at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:498)
> at org.apache.jsp.test_DB1_jsp._jspService(test_DB1_jsp.java:98)
> and so on.

Are you sure that the classes12.jar is not corrupted ?.

> i'd set the CLASSPATH of classes12.jar as:
>
> C:\Program Files\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib

There is no use of setting the CLASSPATH variable. Tomcat wont take
this for running the application.

If it is not solving your problem you may have to download ojdbc14.jar
from oracle.com and use it as it may be due to the JDK 1.5.