g m wrote:

>   This problem is 'windows' (yes, spealt...B:A:D)..related.

probably. :-)

>   Same code works on the unix box. Not sure why it be different.

>>"WARNING: A docBase C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\
>>Tomcat 5.5\webapps\DBS3 inside the host appBase ...

Many people have reported problems on Windows boxes with Tomcat and
Java installed in directories with spaces in the names; you might
reinstall using e.g. `C:\java` and `C:`tomcat_5.5` or whatever...

>   Having said that, what you suggest below is interesting and I
> will address once I have "hello world" on XP working....

"I'll fix the broken configuration after I have it running"? Maybe
not the ideal approach. :-)

FWIW!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]