> Have you tried accessing the servlet directly via tomcat yet?
> If going through tomcat itself gives an error then work on fixing that >
> error first before worrying
> about mod_jk.
>
> -Steve O.

I had not, but that was an excellent idea (kinda upset I didn't think of
that one myself =P).

I get the same error when trying to execute the servlet directly through
Tomcat. The same information is repeated in the log files. Unfortunately, I
don't have great logging (I may have it configured wrong - everything goes
to localhost.log and catalina.log, nothing goes to stdout.log or stderr.log
at all) so it makes fixing this problem that much more fun/challenging!