Hi

I'm trying to manually setting up Tomcat5.0 as a service on a Windows Server
2003.

I've already set up my JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME variables, as well as
updated the PATH with : %JAVA_HOME%;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\client;.

My questions are :
- should the service launch the startup.bat ? If so, what about the console
output ? Would it be better for the service to launch a shortcut (this
shortcut would link to startup.bat and redirect the console output) ?
- on the server shutdown, would it matter that the shutdown.bat is not
launched ?
- do I have to do something more that the points above ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
    ZedroS