> From: Gema Berdasco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Cannot access external resources from a webapp when
> upgrading Tomcat above 5.5.9 version.
>
> we use the following entry on the context.xml file of the webapp:
>
> <Context docBase="/path/to/resources" path="/contents">
>     <Resources
> className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"/>
> </Context>

You don't explicitly say where your <Context> element is, but the
implication is that it's inside a file named context.xml in your
webapp's META-INF directory.  If that is the case, both the path and
docBase attributes are ignored.  See:
Look at the descriptions for the two attributes in question.  The
docBase attribute is intended to provide the location of the webapp, not
a link to external resources.

Tomcat versions after 5.5.9 seem to have tightened up enforcement of the
configuration rules.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.