From: Gehl, Pascal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 9:02 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Asynchronous messaging in tomcat

Hi,

I know we are not supposed to do this but is there a big inconvenience
to do asynchronous message consuming in tomcat 5+ (by spawning a daemon
thread for my message listener ?)
Is it true that if a I create a thread on my own I won't have access to
the tomcat JNDI context ?

I ask this because we really don't want to use an EJB container only for
MDB.

thanks

paskos