Tomcat 5.5.15 use a native library to improve performace , i have some question about it
Thank you for reading my post.
today i installed a newer version of tomcat (5.5.15 ) before this i used 5.5.12 but when i was installing 5.5.15 , it asks about downloading a native library to improve performace.
now i just want to know ,
1-how much improvement it brings to tomcat under heavy load
2-how tomcat use it ? what else change in installation when we select to use native library 3-in tomcat start-up application under start up tab ,there is a DropDown box which asks about mode that tomcat will run
there are two modes ,1-JVM , -JAVA
is it true that
when we select JVM it uses JRE to run tomcat
When we use java it uses JDK to run tomcat ?

Thank you