Hi,

I'm having a struts application within Tomcat 5.5.9 and Java 5 but just become
a (for me) mysterious problem. After changing a simple JSP (just removed a row
in a table) I got lots of problems. Now I can't load any JSP anymore. It means
that I even can't start my application. There are really no changes. Yesterday
evening all works fine, but today - after changing the JSP - I get the
following exception :

2006-01-31 11:49:42,697 [ERROR]
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/conergy].[jsp].Servlet.service()
 for servlet jsp threw exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: org/apache/tools/ant/BuildException
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:249)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1062)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:386)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:229)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)

root cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/BuildException

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createCompiler(JspCompilationContext.java:202)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:470)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:190)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

In the Tomcat log I can see that my login action is executed and then the above
error occurs:
2006-01-31 11:49:42,494 [DEBUG]
com.sr2.struts.actions.portal.LoginAction.doExecute: End>
2006-01-31 11:49:42,494 [DEBUG]
com.sr2.struts.actions.portal.LoginAction.execute: End>

Before this error occours I get once some messages that the changed JSP can't
compiled because I have to implement some methods starting with 'JSP...' (I
can't remenber the name anymore). A few days ago I switched to the last recent
struts version, but now changed back to 1.1.

So what I'm doing wrong ?
Lothar