I have installed Tomcat 5.0.19 on Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 SP3(SLES) If there is a newer version available for SLES could someone please let me know where to find it.

As a relatively new user of SLES, poor package availability has been my only significant gripe.

I would like to configure the logger to use syslog instead of the default logging mechanism for both application logs and system log (catalina.out)

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mark