DEEPA M N wrote:

Hi,
  wen i checked the log file, i think the error might be in the line of the
code.
  root = propFile.getProperty("app.directory");
This code should be able to download the files from the server. so i m using application.properties where
  app.directory="D:\\temp\\files\\"
I doubt because of this line am i not able to run the appln. Pls let me know where should i place this application.properties file.

I believe it should go in the WEB-INF/classes directory. (not a subdirectory of that, I am unsure if that would also work.)

But I would comment out this portion of the code that opens and reads from the properties file and just hardcode the directory for now, while you are trying to get your servlet to activate. (Better yet, even comment out the portion that uses this directory information, while you are trying to get the servlet to activate. Best to proceed sequentially here rather than try to solve multiple problems at once.)

Glen