> From: sumesh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Virtual Directory
>
>     How can I create a Virtual Directory in Apache Tomcat? I have
> installed tomcat in "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1" and I
> have some Tutorials in "E:\Tutorial" .I want to publish the same using
> the same Web Server.How can I do that

If you're just starting out with Tomcat, you should probably use the
current version (5.5.15) rather than something that's over a year old
and does not implement the current servlet spec.  It's also risky to
install Tomcat in a directory path with spaces in the names - creates
confusion for lots of programs and scripts.

With the current Tomcat level, create a file called
[desired_app_name].xml in the conf/Catalina/localhost directory.  Within
that file, put in a <Context> tag with the docBase attribute set to
"E:\Tutorial".  You should now be able to reference the tutorial pages
via the URI:
http://[your_site_name]/[desired_app_name]/[page_name].html

I've never used 4.1, so I don't know if the above is applicable to that
level.  You may have to put your <Context> tag inside conf/server.xml
instead, and you will then need a path attribute to specify
[desired_app_name].  Take a look at:

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.