Because ssl only works through https:// You should really split that up though

Bill Barker wrote:
"Ed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi!

(modjk newbie)
I'm using a modjk+SSL config (I did not make myself) that is mapped to a single worker.
Behind, a single AJP connector recieves everything.
The question is : how do I know from my webapp that a request is using SSL or not.

Httpd/IIS/SunOne sends this information to Tomcat as part of the AJP/1.3 protocol. As a result, you can just use:
  if(request.isSecure()) {
      // SSL processing
  } else {
     // non-SSL processing
  }

I saw the "secure" configuration attribute to the connector, and this leads me to think I actually need 2 AJP connectors (one for each case) and thus 2 workers. Am I wrong? * What's the right way of discriminating SSL and non-SSL requests within my webapp ? Do I need to change my current Apache/modjk config?

Nope, the "secure" configuration attribute is ignored by the AJP/1.3 connector (which causes a few complaints ;-).

Any advice welcome :)

cheers

Mike Sabroff
Web Services