To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with setting up an SSL secure page

Hi,

  I have setup small guide on SSL with Tomcat 5.5. You can find it at
http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40tomcat.apache.org/msg02500.html

But that guide is in Tomcat 5.5 with APR (Apache Portable Runtime). It works with self-generated certificates. (I think it does not work with Verisign certificates but I am not 100% sure) Try to follow the guide and you will be able to setup SSL. But make sure that you use
Tomcat 5.5 because it has APR connector (tcnative-1.dll).

Once you setup SSL, test it on https://localhost or https://localhost:port . Then use the
following snippet to enable SSL in your web-app.

   <security-constraint>
       <web-resource-collection>
           <web-resource-name>Secure</web-resource-name>
           <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
           <http-method>GET</http-method>
           <http-method>POST</http-method>
       </web-resource-collection>
       <user-data-constraint>
       </user-data-constraint>
   </security-constraint>

   For more information, visit:
http://registry.paradigma.net/omar/registry/thin/doc/UsingHTTPS.html

May be someone help you out with Tomcat 5.0 but since I know things are working with Tomcat
5.5 so I thought above instructions will make you move quickly.

   Let us know your experience.

Regards,

--- Parsons Technical Services <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What is in the logs?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Whitby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>