On 2/13/06, Wade Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

"For maximum portability, result set columns within each row should be
read in left-to-right order, and each column should be read only
once."
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/sql/ResultSet.html

The same is true in ODBC (and the associated SQL/CLI standard).

Some JDBC and ODBC drivers let you access the columns in any order,
but some do not.
--
Len