From: David Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 14 February 2006 8:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Encrypting ajp13 traffic

While I can't speak for the O.P., I have had need for this myself once
upon a time.

Consider a setup where the content has to be secured via SSL and
communication to/from the tomcat is over untrusted infrastructure  SSL
can't be proxied, so there is a need for the AJP/13 communication to be
encrypted.  My solution at the time was to setup a SSH tunnel between
the two systems.

It would be nice to have some form of encryption optionally available.

Food for thought.

 -- David

Mark Thomas wrote:
> Akoulov, Alexandre wrote:
>
>> I am wondering if there is a way encrypt the traffic between apache and
>> tomcat when they talk to each other on ajp13.
>>
> Why do you want to do this? What requirement are you trying to meet /
> security threat are you trying to mitigate?
>
> Mark

David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor
Department of Entomology